Campers are a common sight in the Danish summer landscape, and for many Danes, camping is one of the most effective ways to enjoy the summer. A perfect combination of fresh air, freedom and the opportunity to unfold in your own setting, on premises where the whole family can participate.
Scroll down to see:
- Top 10 in 2020, 2019 and 2018 - Big vote on the Danes' favorites!
- List of official 5-star campsites in Denmark
- ADAC's "michelin" list of Denmark's best campsites
- List of campsites with bathing facilities (water park and swimming pool)
But what is so special about camping?
Camping is for us who love holidays with freedom, fresh air and pure relaxation in the Danish nature. While camping for many may seem like a primitive form of vacation, those of us who have tried it know that camping and self-drive vacations are a special luxury. It is a cottage on wheels with the freedom to go right wherever you want. It is the presence that few other forms of vacation can offer. It's the relaxation when you know the kids are having fun with the other kids on the bouncy castle. And above all, it is the smell of barbecue and sausages in the beautiful Danish nature.
Denmark's best campsites
But where do you find the best campsites in Denmark? You can choose and look at the number of stars that the places have, but the number of stars is more apt to tell you how big the place is and how many facilities the place has - whether there are x number of toilets, with swimming pool, etc.
At OpdagDanmark, we are more interested in finding the places where the overall experience is best. And that's why we ask campers what places they have as favorites, and that's why our lists of both large and small campsites.
Every year, our users can nominate their favorite seats, and when voting, they can then via text message or OpdagDanmark app vote for their favorites. Finally, we are left with a list of campsites that most have voted for regardless of size and number of stars.
Below you can see the winners year by year:
In 2020, Denmark's best campsite will be found via one overall vote:
- Voting: July 30 - August 13, 2020
- All campsites that receive more than 250 votes will receive a pin on our map of Denmark's best experiences
DENMARK'S BEST CAMPING SITE 2020
The final top 10 and seats with more than 250 votes:
- Tempelkrogen Family Camping Denmark and Zealand's best
- Hillerød Camping
- Gammelbro Camping – South Jutland's best
- Humlum Fishing rental & camping – Central Jutland's best
- Sandshoes Beach Camping
- Orø Strandcamping
- Nab Strand Camping - Funen's best
- Hessellund Lake camping
- Sandager Næs Camping
- Sønderballe Strand Camping
- Myrhøj Camping – North Jutland's best
- Tambosund Camping
- Ribe Camping