In recent years, more and more burger chains and places have sprung up and have taken up the fight against Burger King and McDonald's. But where do you get Denmark's best burger? It's almost a civil war in some of the larger cities of Denmark. The new burger restaurants have been successful and several of them have already expanded their territories. Some of them have even been named in international magazines. But who really makes the most delicious burgers if you ask the Danes? We have decided to find out which is why we need your help now!
Our intention is to make a list as well as a map of the best burger joints and restaurants - and ultimately find the best place to eat burgers (just as we did with the best ice cream parlors)!
Denmark's Best Burger
Every year we find and announce Denmark's Best Burger. This is done by a poll where you can vote for your local favorite via SMS. Along the way we also find the best places in the regions and the largest cities. The five regional winners, together with the five who received the most votes, advance to the final.
The poll for the best place in the cities is a part of the regional poll, which means that the number of votes in this poll is the same as in the regional poll.
The timeline for the 2019-poll is ready:
- Nomination: August 20 - August 25
- Regional poll: August 26 12 PM - September 10 12 PM
- Final: September 11 12 PM - September 18 12 PM
Below you can vote for your favorite. If this is not on the list you can also nominate it below.
The 10 finalists have been found! Vote for your favorite between September 11 12 PM and September 18 12 PM. You can use the same code as in the regional poll.
How to vote
- Find your favorite in the list below
- Find the code and enter it in a text message +45 92 45 24 04
- Send the text message You only pay regular SMS fare.
- When you receive a message saying "Tak for din stemme" (thank you for your vote) your vote has been registered.
(If you don't receive a message after voting then your vote hasn't been registered - try again later.)
DENMARK'S BEST BURGER 2019
UPDATE 17/9 10.13 AM
An inattentive company in Sønderborg has, against our rules, created a Facebook competition to get people to vote for Lazy Dog. It's against the rules, but it's not Lazy Dog's fault.
To keep the poll clean of competitions, we have deducted Lazy Dog 229 votes, which is the number of participants in the competition on Facebook.
UPDATE 17/9 12:46 PM
We have received a lot of angry messages and have been made aware that our rules do not technically prohibit competitions made by others.
That is why we have returned the 229 votes to Lazy Dog and point out that anyone other than the nominees is allowed to create competitions and give awards until we can rectify this after the current poll. However, we hope that you will abstain from this and let it be about the best burgers and not the biggest awards.
We are sorry about the inconvenience.
Sunday, July 9, 2018 was the last day to vote for your favorite in our big poll on Denmark's Best Burger 2018. We should have announced the ultimate winner, but unfortunately, excitement was turned into frustration when the website got technical problems during the final sprint on Sunday evening. At this time, The Burger Shack in Aarhus and Mikuna, also from Aarhus, were very, very close.
The reason is due to a combination of the many of you who wanted to support your favorite on the finish line, but unfortunately also a lot of very strange traffic from abroad that we haven't experienced before. Our website can withstand a lot of traffic but not to the extent that was the case this Sunday night. This means that many of you went in vain and we truly apologize. On this note, we cannot identify one separate winner, but rather two:
The Burger Shack and Mikuna both got more than 3.300 votes. Congratulations!
3d place went to Pagoden in Ølgod, who got 1.505 votes. Congratulations!
In the months that the poll has been running, 35 burger joints have gotten the 250 votes that is required to get on our map of the best places in Denmark. That is why we also have to congratulate these 35 burger joints who is also worth a visit in 2018::
- The Burger Shack, Aarhus & #8211; 3300+ votes
- Mikuna, Aarhus & #8211; 3300+
(Closed as of August 26 2018)
- The Dining Pagoda, Beer God & #8211; 1505
- Sallie's, Albertslund & #8211; 872
- Gasoline Grill, Copenhagen & #8211; 854
- Olli & #8217; s Burger Spot, Horsens & #8211; 659
- Burger Anarchy, Odense & #8211; 656
- Rumbles, Helsingør & #8211; 647
- Bar Burger, Barrels & #8211; 612
- The eagle dagger, Nibe & #8211; 599
- GreenBurger, Copenhagen & #8211; 543
- Garage burger, Vejle & #8211; 502
- Chicago Burger, Odense & #8211; 498
- Provider, Dog site & #8211; 452
- Stacy & #8217; s Diner, Kitchen & #8211; 447
- Bull, Odense & #8211; 445
- Læsø Antik & Retro, Læsø & #8211; 435
- Café Maku, Liseleje & #8211; 426
- Halifax, Copenhagen & #8211; 416
- Cafe Kosmos, Odense & #8211; 408
- Café Holmeren, Fensmark & #8211; 405
- Burger 57, Frederiksværk & #8211; 363
- Souls, Copenhagen & #8211; 335
- Highway 51, Vejle & #8211; 335
- The Forest Grill, Hillerød & #8211; 333
- Café Venchi, Odense & #8211; 333
- Thai Ma'hus, Rings & #8211; 324
- At Tetzlaff, Løgstør & #8211; 316
- The Grill, Copenhagen & #8211; 303
- Haveje, Gudmindrup Strand & #8211; 286
- Jagger Fast Food, Copenhagen & #8211; 279
- The Burger Shack, Kolding & #8211; 266
- Normann´s, Hirtshals & #8211; 257
- Cock & #8217; s & Cows, Copenhagen & #8211; 256
- At Janes, Marstal / Ærø & #8211; 252