The summer sun shines from a cloudless sky, Dannebrog weather the wind and Danes as tourists pilgrimage to beaches and lakes to cool down.
When the heat really comes on, long queues at ice houses and ice cream parlors are probably like the church amen, but where do you actually find Denmark's Best Ice Cream Parlor today?
We find this out every year by asking you Danes. Below you can see past winners, nominate new places and of course vote for your favorite when voting is underway.
Denmark's Best Ice Cream Parlor
Every year we elect Denmark's Best Ice Cream Parlor, so you can see what places are worth visiting when the need for cool ice cream is at its greatest. Vote for your favorite and see past winners.
Due to coronavirus, the vote on Denmark's Best Ice House has been postponed, but now we are ready! This year's program looks like this:
- Nomination phase: Until June 23 at 12
Set your favorite by submitting its name via the box below
A nomination is NOT a vote
- Voting: June 23 at 4 p.m. July 12 - 7 p.m. 16
During this period, you can vote for your favorite via SMS
When the voting ends on July 7 at 7 p.m. 16, we select North Jutland, Mid Jutland, South Jutland, Funen, Zealand and of course Denmark's best ice house based on total number of votes.
Details regarding poll:
- All ice houses that receive 250 votes will be on our map of Denmark
- You can vote for all the ice houses you want, but only one vote per icehouse
- The use of competitions or similar is strictly prohibited. to gain more votes. Read more in our terms and conditions:
How to vote
- Find your favorite from the list below when the poll is underway
- Find the code and enter it in a text message +45 92 45 24 04
- Send the SMS. It costs only ordinary. SMS tariff
- When you receive a “Thank you for your voice SMS”, your voice is counted
(If you don't receive a message after voting then your vote hasn't been registered - try again later.)
This year's nominees
Below you will find the list of nominated ice houses of the year. If your favorite is not on the list, you can nominate the place via the box below the list. If your favorite is on the list, you don't have to nominate again. It is only during the June 23 - July 7 vote that you can vote.
Since you have nominated over 130 (!) Ice houses, you can find your favorite during the regional polls:
Since there were almost 100 ice cream parlors in the poll in 2018, we have chosen to run preliminary regional polls in 2019. The winners of each of the 5 regions as well as the next 5 with the most votes at national level advance to the final.
After some exciting regional polls, we've found the 10 finalists of the year. From April 12 8 AM to April 23 12 PM you can submit one vote for the ice cream parlor you think should win the title of Denmark's Best Ice Cream Parlor 2019.
DENMARK'S BEST ICE CREAM PARLOR 2019
The final status:
- Café Mrs. Dax, Romo
- The ice cream waffle, Ribe
- Guf and Kugler, Aalborg
- The Waffle Corner, Dog Place
- Gelato Di Natura
- The Waffle House, Kerteminde
- Marina's Kitchen, Stubbekøbing
- My IceDream, Ry
- Ice corner, Skagen
- Guf & Kugler, Nibe
See the winners and all participants from the different regions using the buttons below:
A total of 57,742 votes (!) were submitted this year, and the top 10 ended as follows:
- Guf & Kugler in Nibe
- Ismageriet at Amager
- Vaffelhjørnet in Hundested
- Vaffelhuset in Kerteminde
- Ismageriet in Søborg
- Det Blå Ishus in Tversted
- Fjellerup Vaffelbageri on Djursland
- Lydolphs Isbar in Ringsted
- Isvaflen in Ribe
- Is Kompagniet in Løkken
Winner in 2017
We have asked the followers of OpdagDanmark's Facebook page, where you will find the best ice cream parlor in 2017. We have reached over 50,000 Danes and with over 2,000 votes we are now ready to give you the answer.
Top 3 of the country's best places to buy ice cream in 2017:
Big congratulations to the winners
Notable runners-up: Vebbestrup Ice Cream, Fjellerup Waffle Bakery, Ismageriet Amager
The Premier Ice Cream Flag waves over Det Blå Ishus in Tversted, which with the majority of 2.000 votes can call itself Denmark's Best Ice Cream Parlor 2017.