Coastal Museum Sæby is located in the beautiful half-timbered building “Consul Ørums gård” in the heart of the city. The farm dates from the 1600s, but got its current appearance around 1800. The Coastal Museum's exhibitions provide a thorough introduction to the historical development of the charming market town, which has an entire district with historic buildings from the Middle Ages. In the museum you will find several exciting exhibitions, a museum shop and a mini café.
One ticket - 4 museums
Not everyone knows this, but when you buy a ticket to Bangsbo Fort, you also get access to the other museums under the North Jutland Coastal Museum; the coastal museums in Skagen, Sæby and Bangsbo. Your ticket is even valid for a whole week, so you can easily visit all four museums during your holiday.
Highlights at North Jutland Coastal Museum 2022
- 4.+5.6 BANGSBO FORT 4045 - large reenactment event at the Fort with extras from home and abroad.
- 6.6 Guided tour - The poor Battery
- 23.6 The guests sing on board Hans in Skagen Harbor in connection with Sankt Hans.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays Guided tour for children "Skagen at child height"
- Guided city walk "Historic women in Sæby"
- Every Wednesday at Bangsbo Fort - activity days with costumed extras.
- Summer holiday activities for children in all museum departments.
- (Planned summer games in the outdoor area in Skagen with the local players)